1.generally it is not suggest surrendering an insurance policy because if you surrender your policy it always deduct the first year premium you've paid,
2. normally if you surrender your policy an insurance company only return 20-30% of your balance premiums paid plus all bonus accrued till that date.
3. Surrender value is payable only after three full years premiums are paid to LIC. More over if it is a participating policy the Bonus get attached to it as per prevalent rules.
4. If due to any reason when you wish to terminate/discontinue your insurance policy then visit the nearest branch in your location or contatact your LIC agent .
5. download LIC application form for surrender of policy from this web link
if your policy different from LIC thenfor your company surrender form please visit your company nearest branch
6. fill this form and attach your original policy and deposit it on your nearest LIC office.